SHARE

Share |

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Weather or Not

The sky was suicide gray today and a cold rain fell. Winter is coming much too quickly. Then JJ Deluxe called and he was apparently unhappy about my proposed song list for the new band. The old cowboy songs really aren’t very 21st century, or medicine show appropriate, I guess. Yesterday the weather forecast failed to mention rain today. Do you think anybody feels bad about that? I get the feeling weather people are kind of like politicians - lots of promises followed by “oops” and “oh well.”

Some emails helped lift my mood, though. Guy Lockard, who last year was a featured player in my show “Sex! Drugs! & Ukuleles!” (soon to be “Ukulele Land”) sent me a link to his new Powerball commercial. I didn’t understand the commercial. You watch it and see if you can figure it out. (Guy is on the right of the screen in the elevator.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=-TUrRfJkSPo


It made me smile to see Guy working even if I didn’t quite get the chicken feathers. He’s a very talented young man and I expect we’ll all hear lots more from him. Best of all, however, is the fact that I play Powerball for a dollar twice a week and I felt luckier somehow after watching the spot. Maybe this will be my week!?! I’ve got a connection now, right? Anyway, I’d rather bet on Powerball than weather forecasts or politicians.

Then there was this article in the NY Times today about hard luck and a theatrical comeback. What a great story! http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/27/nyregion/27bigcity.html?hp

Enzo Capone, a friend of my Plexus collaborator Sandro Dernini, sent me a link to his evolving website about food and art www.tastearts.com. He lives in the 718 area code and reads this blog. He's got some interesting food items on his site. For example, something I didn't know, 2008 was the U.N. Year of the Potato.

Then at the end of the day I got an email from a producer responding to something I sent her about 10 days ago. She wants to meet. So, who knows? At least she’s not Ukrainian.

The weather didn’t change much but it did get dark.

I’m going to spend the evening reading Boswell’s “The Life of Samuel Johnson”. One of these days I’ll actually get all the way through this tome.

I’ve been getting a few Face Book communications and emails about this blog. (Nobody ever comments on the actual blog page for some reason.) It’s funny. People in the country who are reading want more about the theater. People in the city want more about farming and food. I want a cigar and will settle for a cheroot.

Tomorrow I’ll get started earlier. Today was a mental health day.

No comments:

Post a Comment