SHARE

Share |

Monday, April 26, 2010

Broadway Vampire

So, this morning I put the finishing touches on my novel Broadway Vampire. 228 pages, a little shy of 60,000 words. It's the story of a vampire who is also a Broadway producer. It works as a vampire story, as a murder mystery, as social commentary, and as a bit of a roman a clef for the current Broadway scene.

I'm pretty happy with this draft, which I began on February 24. My plan is to get some feedback from friends and professionals, then go to Dublin to do any rewriting and polishing in June.

I also wrote the scenario/libretto/book/script/whatever for Weimar Burlesque. It's based on letters between Kurt Weill and Lotte Lenya. Albert Garzon of Ixion Burlesque is the producer. The music will all be live. I went to a rehearsal on Saturday. Albert has pulled together a lovely group of dancers.

The show premiers in Coney Island on June 3. I will post more as the date gets closer.

Now I have to do a rewrite of Byron in Hell -- a dramatic monologue for a young actor and a rewrite of a short story. Then, I have a 125 page outline of a murder mystery titled The Moon of Innocence that will my next book after Broadway Vampire.

The last ten days of writing I became obsessed and hardly touched my instruments. I picked up my guitar and it was angry at my neglecting it. Just finished an hour trying to get smoothed out on that front. Tonight will also be dedicated to music.

Tomorrow I'm having lunch with a literary agent and a TV producer. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. PS The reason I'm going to Dublin to rewrite is that Bram Stoker wrote "Dracula" there.

    I will also be meeting about a production of "Byron in Hell".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great luck on great sounding projects!

    ReplyDelete