SHARE

Share |

Monday, July 26, 2010

STUMPED

I'm not sure what to post about anymore. America in decline? The wars? My garden (which is doing beautifully this summer)? My ongoing education about herbs (not that kind; I know about that kind)? The weather? My writing? A memoir? My new music project? Cooking (man, am I a good cook, and a number of people who have stayed here in the country this summer will attest to it -- all organic and locally grown and tasty as can be)?

I've blogged about all these in the past. But I'm wondering who's reading? I recently offered a copy of a book and no one responded. I was even going to pay the postage. Not one reply.

Okay, enough with the lament.

Tomorrow night at Jalopy Theatre in Brooklyn, Ixion Burlesque, under the direction of impresario Albert Garzon, will stage "Weimar Burlesque" for which I wrote the script. Click here for more info.

I'm in the throes of the final rewrite and polish of my novel "Broadway Vampire". By the end of this week it should be in the hands of my new publisher. Once my editor there goes over it, I'll be posting a ton of info.

Tonight I'm making a minestrone all from my garden (except for the Parmesan).

There's a war in Afghanistan and it is going very badly, in case you haven't heard.

The "burn it and we will profit" energy industry executives defeated a climate/energy bill that had even a modicum of meaning.

T Boone Pickens and the rest of the natural gas drillers are poisoning drinking water supplies to extract 10% of the gas beneath the ground so they can profit right now, rather than waiting for a safer, more effective method of extraction.

I don't have a glib closing line. Carry on.

4 comments:

  1. ...You need never apologize for becoming a three-dot-journalist for a post or two...It's a solid newspaper column (for that is what a blog really is) tradition...Still stimulating and holds the reader's interest....
    That having been said...I knew the "Weimar Burlesque" was going up at Jalopy tomorrow, but I had no idea that you wrote it!
    ...All the more reason to try to get there, which I will do....
    ...And what's all this about a "free book?" Gimmie!
    (...A three-dot-comment to your always-worth-reading blog, which I do not read often enough....)
    That's EARL, brother
    Michael "Your Facebook Pal" Karp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Michael! Send me a message on FB with your snail mail and I'll mail you "The Angel's Game" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon -- still the best thing I've read all summer, and I'm reading 4 or 5 books a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well I'm reading. I just don't always have the time to comment. Hell, I even owe you an e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Uke, we are reading ... maybe not a full length book at the moment, but judging from some of the comments on your FB page we read your posts and we comment on them also. So there are those of out here listening ... and agreeing. Sorry to say I do most of my reading in the cold weather months. Hate cold weather, so I prefer to curl up with a good book (and a steamy mug o' tea) then, if the free book offer is still open at that time?? Now if you offered a free bowl of that Minestrone here's betting you'd have 'em lined up around the block.
    FaceBook Friend, Karen Roehrle

    ReplyDelete