SHARE

Share |

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

BANNED ON BROADWAY (world)


Strange experience yesterday: I posted a link and some info about Broadway Vampire (print version now available) on Broadway World. (I refuse to link to this site now.)  There was nothing offensive or obscene in the post. Within minutes, the post was deleted from the site

Normally, I would inquire as to what was wrong with the post. I’ve clicked this site off and on for 3 or 4 years. So I’m fairly familiar with what flies there, and this certainly seemed within the realm. However, I did not inquire.

Back at the time of the Obies, this same site ran a photo of me with Wendell Pierce, who I cast in the TV adaptation of my play Avenue Z Afternoon back in the early 1990s.  The photo had Wendell’s name in the caption but had the wrong name for me. When I contacted them (twice) and asked them to correct it, I was ignored.   

Now I’m starting to get paranoid. Does anyone out there know what’s going on? Doesn’t it seem that a book set in the contemporary Broadway theater scene, and that touches on 125 years of Broadway history, would be appropriate to post about on this site? I mean, there are posts about Glee. There are posts about True Blood. Why am I being censored? Any ideas? Anyone?