SHARE

Share |

Monday, August 9, 2010

Oh, what a Monday!

Well, I had plans to do all sorts of regular posting starting this week. It was going to be an elaborate schedule. Then, late last night, I got a call from the one and only JJ Deluxe. Somehow he came up with a spot for us to play at Musikfest 2010 in Bethlehem, PA.

It's going to be a bare bones version of Uke Jackson and the Ginseng Roots Band. Our female vocalist/whistler/tambourine/washboard/harmonica-player Ellen will be with us some of the time. I don't have all the details yet -- where, what time, and so forth.

I'll rendezvous with JJ and Ellen this evening and we'll play the gig. Tomorrow I'll post info about our location(s?) right here. Maybe even a photo.

Since I spent the summer focused on rewriting and polishing my novel Broadway Vampire, and rehearsing one night a week with various band members, I expended ZERO energy booking gigs. So this comes as a very welcome surprise. It's not a fancy stage gig -- just strolling and playing in the street, which suits me and this band just fine. That's what we're all about -- acoustic performance and you don't need tickets to see us!

Please check back tomorrow for more info. And I'll try and do some of the writing on the topics I had all picked out. Mondays -- love 'em or hate 'em, living through 'em is better than the alternative.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it turns out to be busking, not a gig. So, Lady Ellen and I are passing. We're going to keep rehearsing -- all of us -- to go into the studio to record some songs for "Broadway Vampire".

    ReplyDelete