SHARE

Share |

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Brian Gormley opening tomorrow kicks off Fall Season

I'm revising and explicating my hand-written journal notes from my recent visit to Ireland and will post a chronicle on Thursday. Meanwhile, tomorrow evening I'll be at the opening of Brian Gormley's one man show at Mindy Wyatt Gallery, 814 Broadway @ East 11th Street in Manhattan. I consider this painting exhibit the official kick off to the "season".

Brian Gormley is one of the most interesting abstract artists on the planet today. His method of marking the canvas deserves an entire essay. For the moment, I'll say that he does automatic-style doodling, then blows these drawings up, works on them some, then has them transformed into silkscreens. He places the screens on the prepared canvas and then uses a "splatter" technique to imbue the composition with colors. The results are striking and quite beautiful

You should check out Brian's work and toast the autumn.

Brian Gormley -- "Revenge of the Mayan Calendar" Painting Exhibition
September 22, 7pm - 9 pm
Mindy Wyatt Galley
814 Broadway @East 11th St
Manhattan