SHARE

Share |

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sons of Anarchy

It seems to be one of those blogging things to rave about a TV show, or shows. I don't watch a lot of television. I still think of it as the Boob Tube, a phrase seldom if ever heard anymore.

All that said, I really got hooked into the FX network original series Sons of Anarchy. It is violent, testosterone-filled and has all sorts of other things that normally make me click to another channel.
However, SOA has some of the best acting and writing on television.

I've now watched every episode from the 3 seasons of the show's existence. This meant getting previous seasons from Netflix and watching episodes on DVD. Then, last night, I did something that is quite far-fetched, for me -- I paid to stream the only episode that I had missed from the most recent season. And I was glad I did.

When Katey Sagal was announced for winning the Golden Globe, I actually cheered.  Charlie Hunnam and Ron Perlman should have won, too.

Kim Coates as Tig is one of the most frightening yet likable psychopaths ever portrayed on screen. Maggie Siff is totally believable and brilliant in the difficult role of an intelligent woman set adrift by love from the accepted points of the moral compass.

I love this show. No apologies.
Publish Post

No comments:

Post a Comment