SHARE

Share |

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Eddie Woods on Capital Punishment

From an email:

Yes Friends,

This has been a long time coming. Namely my definitive treatise on the death penalty. In which I clearly present all the main arguments against ever imposing and carrying out a death sentence...in any circumstances and no matter how heinous the crime. And follow that up with a series of possible counter-arguments, and my unequivocal rebuttal to each one of them. Ergo, this is in every respect a ‘take no prisoners’ essay!

On Capital Punishment has now been published in Parisiana magazine. You can read it by clicking on this link:
http://www.parisiana.com/content/capital-punishment

Having never polled my extensive mailing list on the subject, I’ve of course no way of knowing precisely where everyone on it stands with respect to the death penalty. My educated guess is that the vast majority of you oppose it. Comments are closed on this particular Parisiana page. And with good reason. The magazine is, as it should be, freely accessible to all and sundry. Yet I’ve already seen the kind of scurrilous remarks that got posted on Expatica’s site after they published a version of my original Zahra Bahrami mailing.* Such as, “The problem with executions are [sic] that there are way too few, not too many.” Thus should you have something of interest to say, you’ll need to direct your response to me personally. I know for sure your comments will at least be intelligent. Otherwise you wouldn’t be on my mailing list!

What I do however ask of you is: IF you are in touch with any individuals who either support capital punishment or are sitting on the fence, then by all means send the link to my article on to them. As I say in the piece itself, I am not in the business of preaching to the converted. Although hopefully all that I’ve written will give you more than enough solid ammunition to blow away any pro-death penalty arguments that may ever get fired in your direction.

Ultimately it is those who continue to cling to wrong-headed views concerning capital punishment I am most wanting to reach. With all guns blazing.

Ever onwards towards sanity, EDDIE

Parisiana magazine
http://www.parisiana.com/

Eddie Woods in Parisiana
http://www.parisiana.com/content/eddie-woods

* No Man Is An Island
http://www.parisiana.com/content/no-man-island


No comments:

Post a Comment